Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Two Swatch Combinations - O.P.I Burlesque And China Glaze Rainbow (Julie)

I'm starting to get more experimental, and I really love my glitters, so the last few applications, I've been testing out what sparkle top coats go with which swatches the best. I still haven't figured out the very best looks, and I certainly haven't learned to apply it as nicely as most, but here are two color combos I did recently, and rather like.
First is from O.P.I.'s Burlesque collection (released for the Christina Aguilera flick) called Sparkle-icious. It's an extra sparkly polish mixed with flakes of purple, blue, and gold. It works well as a birthday color! Reminds me of birthday cake. I'm not a huge fan. Lately I've been growing more fond of the chunkier sparkles (at first I was on the fence) over the smaller sparkles like these. Anyway, I started with 1 coat of Rainbow by China glaze, and followed up with two coats of Sparkle-icious. And voila.



Next I tried Orly's Velvet Rope and topped it off with one of my favorite top coats ever - Fairy Dust by China Glaze. Do you have this color yet? If not you need it!!! The rainbows still never cease to amaze me. And it's really easy to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment