Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Revlon, you crafty minx you!

Revlon, you are very crafty.. because you made me buy another one of your polishes. Even after many times I said I wouldn't...I have. This time in the form of the Chanel Graphite dupe called Carbonite.
Mind the obvious"I didn't get all the nail polish of my nails thumb look"


Now I don't own the Chanel version, for obvious reasons. (I am po') But when I saw this polish in CVS last week, I decided to throw caution to the wind(as I always do when it comes to the nail polish gods) and buy it.

Last night, looking at my crazy chipped nails from this past weekends manicure, I gave it a go.

The formula, is.. (is Revlon reading this right now because someone is) so much better! I glided on with ease, no bubbles, fast drying time! I am so glad I bought this because it is so much prettier on the nail then in the bottle. On the nail, when you move it around you can see hints of an olive green and black shimmer.  Definitely almost a dupe for the Chanel version at almost 20$ cheaper! I paid 3.29$ for my bottle.

I think I'm starting to warm up back to Revlon, and I have to say their offerings in the past year have been amazing. I hope they release more dupes for this girl on a budget with a slight(MAJOR) nail polish addiction.

PS. Bubblewrapper brought up a good point, this color sucks up shine, so if you really love a shiny nail polish, this one might disappoint. Even with Seche Vite, it still had a muted finish. 
Ta-ta for now!


13 comments:

  1. I love a low price version as much as the next girl and Facets of Fuchsia is a spot on copy of Lippmann's Bad Romance. Blue Mosaic layered over a dark blue is pretty close to Across the Universe.

    But, Carbonite isn't a close dupe to me. I bought it first thinking it would cure my lemming. Then my sister bought me the Chanel for my birthday. Carbonite is so flat and lifeless compared to the Chanel. I understand everyone's mileage may vary, but the two aren't that similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bubblewrapper,

    Ok first off, can I have your sister? But thanks for letting me know, its hard to tell when you dont have the real deal. One day Ill have a chanel :looks at bank account: but not today. I forgot to add that I put on seche vite and it instantly looked glossy for 2 secs, then lost its luster, so I do have to agree about that. Id love to see pics of your Chanel(lucky you..)

    Polish and charms,
    thanks!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, the last few Revlons I've bought (other than the scented) have been awesome! much better formula and nicer application. I love the scented colours and smells but they are too thick and goopy(I believe that's the technical term haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one too and I like it, I'm also too poor to own any chanel, aww maybe someday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Visual addiction,
    Thick and goopy, best technical term ever. I couldn't have said it any better! I only own one of the scented ones, and havent tried it yet( I believe its my fear of the thick and goopy...)

    Hey Beauxs mom,
    one day!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Visual Addiction, you're totally right about the scented polishes-I love their colors/scents too, but man does the formula bite the big one!

    Erika, that is such a pretty polish! Damn you have me turned on to Revlon again too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this, Erika! Will definitely try Revlon sometime in the near future. The color looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wifey.. you make me smile:)

    Thanks for commenting Marvi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This nail polish looks very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Miss L! Your blog is so good!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this in the bottle, but it just doesn't suit my skin tone :( it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty colour. I like such polishes :)

    ReplyDelete