Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nail art post!

I did this design a few weeks ago, about two. It really wasnt that hard, I thought it was going to be a nightmare! I saw this picture on Lauren Conrad and really liked it!

I didn't get it as detailed as I would have liked though! I used the beautiful minty green color from Dolly wink that I posted about a few blogs back, and used various pinks. If you want to know I will update with them!
click for a close up look!

There's that elusive thumb again;)
 I loved how this came out, it took about 25 mins. I know it sounds like a lot, but I really thought it was going to be a lot more. I recommend a dotting tool and even a toothpick. You will be surprised how much detail you can do with a simple toothpick!
I think to go from spring/summer to winter/fall, you can do a burgundy/dark red background and make gold and white flowers. Or even a black background and then make gray/white flowers.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. i love the detail that you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Awesome color combinations!

    Recently I've been using more toothpicks in my nail designs. I was also surprised how much I could do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!I'l have to try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore floral manis!!!
    yours came out great!
    (:

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks so good! And I love Lauren Conrad's site, I go on it all the time! I was going to attempt this eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these flower nails look soooo cute! Love it!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I am overwhelmed by all of the comments! This is making me want to do this design again, haha. It is addicting, Katy! Im on there everyday /noshame. You should totally try, it was easier then I thought it would be!

    Thanks Wifey:) You going to try?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely amazing! So romantic and cute :)Did you do a YouTube video of this? Because I saw a tutorial for this same design. Come check out my blog at http://opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete